Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Friday, December 19, 2014

Turbo The Flying Dog

Friday's Fabulous Flyer! 

Turbo

My favorite past time - tearing squeakers out of toys
Worst habit - Licking my private parts in public
Favorite food - That's a tough one! EVERYTHING! Except lemons, I do not like those.
Best toy - Antlers! I will chew on those all day long
I sleep when my parents are gone, but when they are home, I make sure that I am the center of attention!
Best friend - Olive! She's part poodle, part schnauzer and is my flight instructor in my second book!

 
Hi! I'm Turbo! In winter of 2012 I was a very scared puppy at a high kill shelter. Then one day this place called a rescue came and picked me up and took me to their house. Shortly after that day they brought me to something called an airport. I heard this really loud noise from this weird machine. The rescue said it was called an airplane and it had wings. It did not look like a bird to me! Then two people came out of the plane and greeted me. I knew I wanted to go in this airplane with them! 
 
 
The people in the plane were called pilots and said that I could now call them "Mom" and "Dad". Soon I was in the airplane with them and then the loud noise came back and we were flying in the sky! I don't remember much after that. I fell asleep. When I woke up, I got to help put the plane away and go see my new home.

Now my days are spent laying around the house, playing in 10 acres of woods, or visiting with my sisters: a hedgehog, a rabbit, a cat, and 6 hens! On weekends my parents will bring me traveling with them in the airplane. I always decide that is the best time to take a nap and rest up for the adventure ahead of us. So far, I have logged over 50 hours of flight time! I've even been to Canada and the Bahamas! I admit I'm a bit spoiled, and I get even more spoiled when we travel. Everyone loves to see me hop out of the plane and to pet me and tell me I'm a good boy! 
 
 
Lately, I've been going to a lot of photo shoots and have been doing a lot of interviews, even on live TV! This is because my mom and her friend wrote a children's story book all about me! My mom read it to me the other day and I must say I look quite handsome! My parents say they are very proud of me for handling all the book interviews so well and for being such a good co-pilot. I told them that I must have been born to fly! That's about all there really is to know about me, I think...squirrel!!!

 

Victoria Neuville: "Turbo the Flying Dog is part one of a children's book series. I adopted my dog Turbo, whom the story is based upon, in December of 2012. Since it was a four hour drive to the rescue, my husband and I opted to fly. Turbo was just 6 weeks old and has been flying all over the country with us ever since. Soon, friends and family pressured me to make a Facebook page of all of Turbo's flying adventures.

 
 
Out of that, my friend and co-author, Kelly, and I developed the idea for a children's books series. We both had always wanted to write a children's book and here was our opportunity. Kelly's dog, Olive, takes a main role in book 2, Turbo Learns to Fly, as Turbo's flight instructor. But, Turbo helps her out as well, as she's having trouble being the only female pooch in a male dominated industry. Book 2 is expected in May 2015. 

 


The best gift for the child in your life!


Victoria sent me a copy of Turbo. I will be reading to the grandkids this weekend. I've already read it..the kids will love it, and you will too!  

Happy Holidays!!
XO Karlene

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!