Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Flying

Tell me and I'll forget. 
Show me and I may remember. 
Involve me and I'll understand.
Chinese Proverb




There is nothing like doing. And doing it in an airplane makes it all the better.  



I've been on the road flying with a great captain, and a group of wonderful First Officers. Tomorrow I'll be back in Amsterdam and get to see my friend An. Next month I'll be attending recurrent training, so having the ability to fly has been a gift.
 

There is no place like the sky. 


There is also no place like home, and I will be there in four more days. I can hardly wait~  
 


Enjoy the Journey!
XO Karlene 

10 comments:

  1. So glad you got to fly, and so glad you get to come home soon! LOVE that proverb you opened with--it's like the mantra of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I am close to coming home. Tomorrow. Just delayed in responding. It's a challenge to keep caught up on the road.

      Delete
  2. "Asking someone why they love to fly is almost like asking someone why they like Picasso. The beauty is the fact that you can't really describe it, it's something that you have to behold. Flying takes you into another dimension, literally. We see, feel, and experience things that people who don't fly will never know." -Barry Schiff, Aviation Safety Expert / Pilot

    ^ From the movie One Six Right

    Hope all has been well with your travels and you've had some great flying over the past few days! You should write a story sometime about a full flight, what you do, and what it's like. It would be so cool to see what your day flying the A330 is like from when you wake up the morning of a trip.

    Have great travels!
    Swayne Martin

    http://martinsaviation.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Swayne. Flying was awesome! We saw all kinds of weather, sunsets, sunrises, and happy landings. It was all great fun.

      Delete
  3. I feel those sentiments. No other place like the skies. Especially when it's windy and you're learning stall recovery in a 172. ;)

    Loving those photos as always and of course please send An a hug for me!

    Jeremy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jeremy. I am so glad you got into the sky too! Keep flying and studying... each day is another closer.

      Delete
  4. Awesome photos. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Syd! Now we need to get my video working. :)

      Delete
  5. Great pictures you have there on your post. You make me so jealous, Karlene, best office view in the world! Keep up the great work. :-)

    Jake (pilotjake.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jake. And more to come! You keep up the great work too.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!