Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

"Look Mom... No Hands"

I spent last weekend at Seattle's Museum of Flight as we took women on Free Flights. Tomorrow we'll have the exact number and photos galore. But today, meet an amazing pilot who will show you that there is nothing you can't do, despite the obstacles you think may be standing in your way. 

Please meet Jessica Cox, and see what she is doing to save the children of the world.


Jessica Cox

Last year at Oshkosh I had the most inspiring experience when I met Jessica Cox... a woman born without arms. I'm here to say... when you feel bad about yourself, and think you've been dealt a bad hand... be thankful you have hands. Jessica doesn't.

Jessica doesn't have arms. But she flies an airplane! 
How awesome is that? 


More than surviving the challenges that she was born with, she told me that if she could be born again, she would not change a thing. Yep... that means no arms. Her life has been filled with many blessings and opportunities compliments of the body she was gifted. How can we call this woman handicapped? She proves that with the right attitude, anything is possible.

Life wasn't easy by any means. So Jessica is spending her life helping others by speaking to the children. Inspiring. Helping others with their challenges. Showing them nothing is impossible.

With your help, Jessica is off on another adventure!


Recently the Nobel Prize-winning NGO Handicap International asked Jessica to travel to Ethiopia, where they are running a program to allow children with disabilities to attend public schools. This is huge for these kids. Jessica's being there is essential to build confidence and show they can do anything.

Jessica says,

"Seeing kids receive an education and the opportunities that come with it is dear to my heart, and advocating for them is what I was born to do.

As some of you know, since early last year I've been working with Emmy Award-winning filmmaker Nick Spark to create a documentary about my life and work. We call it RIGHTFOOTED. Filming my trip to Ethiopia will be an important part of the documentary — and will allow me to share the experience with you and millions of people around the globe."



Right Footed Trailer

To fund the trip, they have launched a crowdsourcing campaign on IndieGogo. Please click on the link at the bottom of the page that says, HELP JESSICA INSPIRE THE CHILDREN. 

Please share Jessica's story with your family, friends, and co-workers today.  Jessica wants the entire world to see this video. We only have 7 days to go!

You can help a number of ways...
  • Click on the link below and donate, and/or
  • Spread the word. 
  • For every person who follows my blog, and leaves a comment on how they spread the word (emailed friends, tweeted, facebook post...etc.) I will add another dollar to the donation I will make. 


Ready. Set. Go! 
We have 6 days to help Jessica get to Ethiopia!

Enjoy the Journey!
XO Karlene

16 comments:

  1. Jessica sounds like an amazing woman with a spirit of gold. Thank you for introducing us to her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! She is an inspirational lady for sure.

      Delete
  2. Jessica is the reason I decided to become a pilot. I met her at Oshkosh a few years ago. She's such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine, That's so great!!! She is an inspiration and makes me realize there is nothing we can't do. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  3. Loved finding this from you today. Shared with my Twitter account, Facebook friends and watched the trailer with my wife and two children, who I hope grow to have just part of the strength Jessica displays. Of course as a private pilot and and lifelong aviation nut I hope this inspires both my young children to learn to fly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kevin, Thank you so much for all your support! You're amazing and I know she appreciates your support! Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  4. Show me a challenge and I will show you someone who will overcome it. We all need the strength of Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth!! And now she's counting on us to spread the word. We can do it!!! Thank you for your comment!

      Delete
  5. It is hard to believe if narrated,but I've seen it really,! All the best my lady....but I see such exceptionals applicable over there only but to our country(Tanzania) I don't think so....I need to tell the world,Karlene Petit cares everyone...I've evidanced. I hope she is a good responsible mother. She is helping me now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to believe I know. That's why we have to see to believe. Thank you so much for your beautiful comment. I really appreciate it.

      Delete
    2. Haha,it's alright! Her video hm! Like a fairy,! I should call her A RIGHTFOOTED FAIRY! She deserves nobel prize madam! Kelvin P.

      Delete
    3. She does deserve a noble prize! Thank you for your comment Kelvin!

      Delete
  6. Ahhhh! I definitely remember Jessica! She is such an inspiration indeed. I will definitely link her on my website!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeremy! most definitely. I hope she makes all her dreams come true. Because... she's making other come true too.

      Delete
  7. What an amazing woman! I remember hearing about Jessica in the news a year or two back, and just fell in love with her. What an inspiration!

    And how awesome that we get to join in supporting her--I'm in!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eric!!! We can never have enough support for women like this!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!